Wednesday 7 November 2012

Tales of the Mimetic Badarses - They Say

Title: Tales of the Mimetic Badarses - They Say
Series: Battletech/Mechwarrior
Originally Published: July 2010, Classic Battletech Forums

A random bout of inspiration saw me throw together an idea for an entirely new fic series. And by that, I mean that I thought of how I'd end it and the first chapter, and then figured that I'd come up with the rest along the way. Having stolen a good chunk of prose from an older (unused) fic of mine, I then went to work reconstructing it from the ground up and building the hooks for an entire series around it. The end result was surprisingly popular and spawned a series that I am continuing to sporadically work on.

And, since it's me, there's lots of character introduction. I'm terrible like that, but at least I front-load it.


Trivia:

Some portions of this fic were originally written c2003-2004; sadly, I don't seem to have a copy of the original any more having accidentally deleted it while working on this version. Classy!

Several of the characters are gratuitously re-used from other fics of mine. I'm lazy. I admit it.

The members of Ascendance Squad were never named or really introduced. They're blank slates for me to go wild with later, if I wanted to. Elehza herself is just weird, but she does have her basis in Battletech canon.

There are Arc Words here, specifically ones that would re-occur in the other "Tales" Fics, as well as even managing a few appearances in the Grand Theft Agro series. It's also referencing one of my own personal in-jokes. I'm terrible like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment